Our school is fortunate to have lingeage from two great arts, judo and aikido. We use Kodokan ukemi (falling techniques) which teaches us how to fall without injury, a great skill to know in and of itself. We also focus on having good posture, correct movement, accurate targets and connection to off balance and throw our partner.
Another aspect of our school is a structured learning system that builds competence in layers, much like how a new music student learns to play an instrument. This makes learning easier with clear indicators of progress.
Benefits of aikido:
- Improved alertness and self defense skills
- Better posture and physical fitness
- Learning to fall without injury
- Improved balance and coordination
- Sense of community and connection to others